Selected Research Activities:
- Doctoral Symposium Co-Chair, ICSME2014.
- Program co-chair, FSE 2014.
- Editorial Board Member of the IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE)4, 2009-2013.
- Editorial Board Member, Springer Journal on Empirical Software Engineering5, 2010- ongoing.
- Editorial Board Member, IEEE Software, 2011- 2013.
- Steering Committee Chair for ACM SOFTVIS, 2008-2010 and member since 2003.
- Steering Committee member for IEEE VISSOFT since 2006.
- General Chair for IEEE WCRE Oct. 2003.
- General Chair, 8th International Conference on Program Comprehension, Limerick, Ireland, 2000.
- General Co-Chair, IEEE VISSOFT, France 2002 and IEEE VISSOFT, Budapest, 2005.
- Program co-chair for CASCON 2007.
- Program co-chair for IEEE VISSOFT 2009.
- Program committee member, FSE (2010, 2011, 2012), ICSE (2008, 2009, 2010, 2012), ACM InfoVis (2003, 2007,2008, 2009), WCRE (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005), ICSM (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005), ICPC (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004), ACM SOFTVIS (2003, 2005), VL/HCC (2004, 2006, 2008, 2009).
- Member of ICSE doctoral symposium (2001, 2009, 2010), Co-Chair ICSE Research Demonstrations (2011).
- Member NSERC Grant Selection Committee — GSC 330 (2007, 2008, 2009).
- Organizer of many workshops held at ICSE and other conferences, (e.g. ICSE-CHASE 2008 , ICSEWeb2SE 2010/2011, ICSE-FlexiTools 2010/2011, FlexiTools workshop at SPLASH 2010)
I have been very fortunate to work with many collaborators at UVic, as well as many colleagues nationally and internationally. These collaborators are as follows:
- University of Toronto , University of Ottawa, National Research Council.
- IBM CAS Ottawa, IBM CAS Toronto, IBM Dublin, IBM Victoria, IBM Research TJ Watson, Eclipse consortium.
- Department of National Defence, DRDC, Canada.
- Stanford University, Mayo Clinic, University of California at San Francisco.
- World Health Organization (Member of the Health Informatics and Modeling Topic Advisory Group (HIM-TAG).
- MIT, University of Limerick, Ireland, University of Bremen, Germany, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands, University of Namur, Belgium.
- US National Cancer Institute, World Health Organization.